Remote Area Nurse - Men's Health
- We’re one of Australia’s largest providers of Aboriginal healthcare
- We’re engaging with health issues at a grass roots community level
- We’re seeking Remote Area Registered Nurses who can take pride in the results of our work
What we stand for
With eight clinics and growing across East Arnhem Land, we’re providing health care services for over 6,000 Indigenous residents. Our Board of Directors represents communities across the region, ensuring every decision we make helps empower Yolngu people to take control of their lives and direct their own futures.
We’re connected by passion
We share a passion for the rich history of the Yolngu culture, and a commitment to ensure that the work we’re doing is instrumental in ensuring self-determination for Indigenous peoples. We’re a people place, where going above and beyond is in our nature. We’re not just offering jobs, we’re offering a way to shape Australia’s future. Do you share our passion?
We need you
Working closely with both our Aboriginal Health Practitioners and Doctors our Remote Area Nurses are critical to our client’s success. You’ll be committed to finding the best way to communicate with clients in order to provide great care and follow up with them in sometimes uncertain circumstances.
Miwatj Health are pleased to offer this position as a full-time permanent opportunity. Based in our Gapuwiyak Health Centre you will work to provide high quality, culturally appropriate and effective nursing practices to improve the health and wellbeing of Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander adult males in the community of Gapuwiyak.
Whether working in remote healthcare is on your bucket list, or something that is tried and tested, we’d love for you to reach out. East Arnhem Land offers a once in a lifetime opportunity to be part of a community where the richness of Yolngu culture is in the air you breathe. But we also know that remote living has its pros and cons.
A competitive salary of $107,385 - $115,365 per annum (depending on skills and experience) plus superannuation and a comprehensive range of benefits including accommodation and an annual retention bonus are provided with this full-time position.
How do you know if you’re the right fit?
In order to deliver on our mission, we know that a collaborative, supportive team is critical. We’re looking for people who are committed to not only growing their capability, but willing to step in and support other team members and clients. Whilst knowledge of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander culture is helpful, what will really see you thrive in our communities is an open mind, willingness to be exposed to culture, and curiosity. Before you reach out and apply, we need you to have:
- Current registration and practising certificate as a Registered Nurse through AHPRA.
- A minimum of 5 years broad nursing experience and 3 years working as a remote area nurse with experience working in a Men’s Health Program.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the principles of primary health care and program delivery in the remote area primary health care context.
- A demonstrated ability to interact effectively with people from a diverse culture, where English is not their first language.
- You will have demonstrated understanding of primary health care, community development and the social determinants of health as they relate to remote Indigenous communities in the Northern Territory.
- A current manual drivers licence and the ability to obtain a police check and working with children card (Ochre card).
Please click here for the Job Description.
For more information please contact the Miwatj Recruitment Team at: email@example.com and quote reference MHAC430.
Applications close date: once the position is filled.
We’re proud to employ over 116 Yolngu employees, and we are always looking to increase that number. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply.